Divergent - Veronica Roth
This book.. What can I say, what can I say? This book was definitely way better than I expected it to be. I thought that it was going to be something that wouldn’t be able to keep my attention and it would take me forever to get through because it was something I’m not usually interested in. Boy was I wrong! Not only was I wrong, but I finished this book in 3 days (which is good for me because I’m in incredibly slow reader haha.) This book had me hooked within the first couple of chapters. It kept me wanting to read more and more and never put the book down!

There are so many things that I like about this book. I think that the idea for this book/series is very unique and very.. awesome! I think that it is kind of neat that there are these different factions; five very different ones. I think that if I had to pick between them, I wouldn’t be able to! I think that would be such a hard decision to make, and at 16! That’s crazy!

I think that the way Veronica Roth describes things is very well written too. I think they way to describes the violence in the book really helps you feel and understand the emotions and everything that these people are going through.

The way that Roth portrays these characters is also amazing. They are very distinct and vivid and Roth allows us to realize them in such a short amount of time, which I think is great! The main Character, Tris, is such a likable heroin. I really enjoyed seeing her grow and learn who she really is through the book.

There are some themes in this book that could very well be true. Things like depression, suicide, and identity just to name a few. I think she takes each theme and handles them all with care that is really special for the first book. I was really feeling all types of emotions throughout the book. I was feelings the sadness, the depression, the fright, everything.

The romance in this book.. I love it. I love Tris and I love Four. AND I love them together. All the neck touching is a little strange, but they are still freakin’ adorable!